Business for Sale in Norfolk BUTCHERS & SPECIALIST FOOD RETAIL OUTLET - HETHERSETT, NORFOLK
- For Sale
- Butcher Shops
- Business Rates
- Nil - We are advised the that vendor currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- Long Established
- Well Regarded
- Low Overheads Including Solar Panels
- Customer Parking
- Ideal Owner Operator Business
- Freehold Premises
- Traditional Butchers with Deli Goods
- Garden to Rear
- Rapidly Growing Area
- Full Training & Handover if Required
A leasehold sale may be considered on terms to be agreed.
We are very pleased to be appointed to bring to the market this long established and well thought of traditional butchers shop situated in the heart of this rapidly growing and sought after village set just on the outskirts of Norwich.
This is an ideal opportunity for an existing butcher who is looking to branch out on their own and would suit either an individual or a family team. Previous experience is not though entirely necessary as the existing owner would be willing to stay on in the business for an agreed period of time to provide full training for someone new if needed.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The current owner took over the business nearly 30 years ago however the butchers had been established many years previously and so is very well known locally. It continues to show strong and consistent levels of turnover and profit for a business of this size and provides a stable income for the owner.
In addition to the traditional sale of local meat products, the business stocks and sells a range of deli style goods such as fresh fruit, veg, milk, groceries and dry goods as well as having fresh fish delivered twice a week. The business also offers a local delivery service to Hethersett and the surrounding villages to assist those customers that are unable to access the shop themselves.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
The business premises are freehold and owned by the vendor and are included as part of the asking price. The shop was originally in the building in front which is now occupied by Boots however the vendor had the opportunity approximately 16 years ago to acquire the land behind to enable them to build their own store.
The alarmed shop is accessed via the driveway which forms part of the title to the property. The entrance door leads into the retail area (c. 6.9 x 3.5m) with a recently acquired new refrigerated display unit and service counter and new till and scales behind. In addition in the retail area there is a chest freezer for frozen goods for sale, wooden shelving units for deli goods, further fridge unit for milk and cold fresh produce and a further counter unit with meat slicer and scales and hand sink behind.
Through to the preparation room (c. 6.9 x 3.7m) and you will find a large wooden cutting table, a chest freezer, upright freezer, mincer and rotar bowl, a new labelling machine, stainless steel double under-counter fridge with stainless steel work surface above, Zanussi oven, hob and grill, and an electric sausage filler. There is a good size walk in fridge, a door into a staff cloakroom/w.c and a roller door to the side driveway. Non-slip flooring can be found throughout.
Externally to the rear is a recently acquired piece of land from the neighbouring property. Whilst the vendor is currently using this land to grow vegetables on, it could be used for various different purposes or perhaps even to extend the building out, subject to any consents that may be required.
There are also solar panels on the roof which provide an income of c. £400 per annum as well as helping contribute towards the energy costs of the business.
7:30am to 5:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 7:30am to 12:30pm Wednesday & Saturday.
Freehold - The vendor may consider a leasehold sale whereby a new lease is granted to the purchaser on terms to be agreed.
Nil - We are advised the that vendor currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The property has an EPC rating of ‘B’/48.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment and freehold property. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 662 662 to make an appointment.
Finance may be available to suitable purchasers.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on all of the online portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road