Business for Sale in Sawston, Cambridgeshire BUTCHERS - SAWSTON, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
- For Sale
- Butcher Shops
- Rent Payable
- £19,000 per annum. The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of/or the grant of a new lease.
- Business Rates
- Currently Nil. We are advised that the business benefits from Small Business Rate Relief. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- See details below.
- Long Established & Well Regarded
- 5 Bed Flat Above Included
- Ideal High Street Location
- Experienced Staff
- 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating
- Traditional Butchers Shop + Wholesale
- Car Parking
- Consistent Turnover & Profit Margins
- Very Well Equipped
- Contact Us to Arrange a Viewing
EMF are pleased to be appointed to bring to the market this long established and well regarded high street butchers situated in the large busy village of Sawston, approximately 7 miles south of Cambridge.
Suitable either for an owner operator who is looking to take on a successful business for themselves or alternatively for someone already operating in the sector who is looking to expand further by acquiring an additional shop.
A consistent and strong financial performance, coupled with a great staff team make this a very attractive proposition, even more so when you add in the 4/5 bed duplex apartment above that is included within the lease.
For further details and to arrange a viewing please contact us at your earliest convenience.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The business has been in the family for many years and as such is now a mainstay of the local community particularly given it’s ideal location on the high street.
As well as the retail side, the business also enjoys a good level of catering sales to local hotels, pubs, takeaway vans and similar. This gives the business good diversification and there would appear to be scope to extend this further if so wished.
The business benefits from a significant turnover with a profit margin to match which has been enjoyed at a regular level for many years. The rent currently being received from the apartment above further adds to this, although a new owner may of course prefer to utilise the property for their own personal use. There is also a refrigerated sign-written van included with the sale to aid deliveries to the catering customers.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
The shop is well positioned on the high street and offers a warm welcome through it’s glazed frontage underneath a traditional red and white canopy. Vehicular access is also provided to the side leading to the rear car park, part of which is included in the lease and provides space for approximately 4 cars and bin storage.
There is a good size customer area to the front with a large refrigerated unit providing lots of room to display all the various offerings available. A further refrigerated open fronted display unit can also be found here for self service as well as a number of wooden dressers displaying other products. To the rear of the counter is the staff service area with a computerised scale and till EPOS system with 3 screens plus a further in the back room, all of which are linked. There are a range of s/s work surfaces complete with a cheese slicer, cooked meat slicer, and cooked produce vacuum sealer. There is also a large wooden chopping block, hand wash sink and a clingfilm heat wrap. The shop benefits from non-slip vinyl flooring, tiled walls, a range of spot lighting and air conditioning, as well as being alarmed.
Moving through to the rear part of the shop you will find the cutting and prep rooms. To one side there is a stainless steel sink and drainer with separate hand sink, a further wooden chopping block, sausage filler, burger press, mincer and boiler. The other side is fitted out with stainless steel work surfaces, wooden chopping block, meat hanger and hooks and a raw meat vacuum sealer. Further still to the rear is an inner lobby from the rear door with staff w.c, 2 walk-in fridges, one with a walk-in freezer inside, and then a third walk-in fridge currently switched off and used as storage but potentially able to be used again for it’s intended purpose if so wished.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
Via an independent door to the rear an internal staircase leads up to the 4/5 bedroom apartment spread over 2 floors at first and second floor level with an open plan kitchen/diner and separate lounge. A quirky and interesting property of a very good size which is currently being rented out for £765 per month however this could be made available for a new owner’s personal use if required.
7:00am to 5:00pm Mon, Weds, Thurs & Fri. 7:00 to 12:00pm Tuesday & 7:00am to 1:00pm Saturday.
£19,000 per annum.
The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of/or the grant of a new lease.
Currently Nil. We are advised that the business benefits from Small Business Rate Relief.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
Where applicable the Energy Performance Certificate is available on request however we understand that the property is a Listed Building and as such an EPC would not be required.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 662 662 to make an appointment.
Finance may be available to suitable purchasers.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on all of the online portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road