Business for Sale in Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire BUTCHERS/DELI – WHITTLESEY, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
- For Sale
- Butcher Shops
- Rent Payable
- £15,000 per annum.
- Business Rates
- Nil - We are advised that the vendor currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief.
- Established as a Butchers for 100+ years
- Limited Competition Locally
- Wide Lift Up Window onto Pavement
- Turnover Continuing to Increase
- Good Profit Levels
- Busy High Street Location
- Very Clean & Spacious Premises
- Known Nationally
- Scope to Add On-Line Sales
- Traditional Feel to Business & Premises
AGENTS NOTE: This is a business for sale as a going concern, not an empty premises for sale or let.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: In order to release further information on the business – such as the accounts, we require you to complete a short online non-disclosure form. Please contact our office and we will provide full instructions and assist where required.
EMF is delighted to announce our role in presenting this long-established and highly esteemed main street butcher shop, located in the bustling town of Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire, to the market.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual owner-operator aiming to acquire a prosperous business for personal management or for an existing business in the industry seeking expansion through the addition of another shop to their operations.
The business boasts a stable and impressive financial track record and is supported by an exceptional team of employees, making it a highly appealing option. For additional information and to schedule a visit, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at your earliest convenience.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The business has been under the ownership of the vendor for the past 11 years however it has been trading as a butchers for some 100+ years making it a cornerstone of the local community with its ideal location only adding to this. We understand that the business name is now known nationally having served customers both locally and from across the country over the years.
With very limited competition in the surrounding areas the company thrives not just in retail but also in catering sales to local establishments such as restaurants, pubs and such like. There is potential to expand this aspect of the business further if desired as there is also to redevelop online sales and to add on other product lines. As it stands though the business boasts consistent profit margins with turnover continuing to increase.
The property is situated in a busy high street location with free bay parking outside enabling customers to park up in front of the store for those travelling by car. The canopied frontage provides a traditional feel to the premises which continues when you move inside, giving a homely appeal to customers, Of particular note is the wide lift up sash window to the front elevation which the vendor has used previous to serve to customers directly on the pavement when community events have been taking place.
REFERENCE NUMBER: B35747E.
OPENING HOURS: 7:30am to 3:30pm Tuesday to Thursday. 7:00am to 3:45pm Friday, and 7:00am to 1:00pm Saturday. Closed Sunday & Monday.
TENURE: Leasehold. The existing renewable 15 year lease expires in April 2026 however a new lease may be negotiable.
RENT PAYABLE: £15,000 per annum.
The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of the existing lease or for the grant of a new lease.
RATES PAYABLE: Nil - We are advised that the vendor currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
EPC: The Energy Performance Certificate for the property shows a ‘B’ rating and a score of 26.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings and equipment. It is noted that the refrigerated van valued at c.£6,000 is not included in the sale but may be available by separate negotiation. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
VIEWING: Strictly by appointment only, please get in touch to make an appointment.
FINANCE: We may be able to help you with business financing or your commercial mortgage needs, subject to eligibility. Please let us know if you need our assistance with this and we will put you in touch with our recommended whole of market broker.
BUSINESS TO SELL: Thinking of selling your business? That's our business!
If you are interested in finding out how much your business is worth, we offer a free and confidential valuation service. You can choose the time and day that suits you best, and we will give you an honest and professional assessment. Please contact our office at your convenience to book an appointment.
PREMIER MARKETING: We are passionate about showcasing our businesses in a way that sets us apart from others. We provide quality property details and comprehensive information on all online platforms and our own website. If you want your business to stand out from the crowd, call us to book a free valuation.
1. Money Laundering Regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road