Business for Sale in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk FISH & CHIP SHOP WITH APARTMENT ABOVE - BURY ST. EDMUNDS, SUFFOLK
- For Sale
- Fish & Chip Shops
- Rent Payable
- £22,000 per annum is proposed to include the ground floor shop and the 2 bed apartment above. The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the grant of the new lease.
- Business Rates
- The vendor is currently not required to pay any rates as they enjoy the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- Very Prominent & Highly Visible
- 2 Bedroom Apartment Above
- Frontage to 3 Elevations
- Advised Average Takings IRO £5k - £6k p.w
- Well Established & Well Regarded
- New Lease to be Granted (Terms to be agreed)
- 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating
- Good Scope to Extend Opening Hours
- Scope to Increase Turnover by Offering Deliveries
- Busy Location
We are delighted to bring to the market this well positioned and highly visible fish and chip shop located a short distance from the centre of the sought after up-market town of Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk.
Enjoying an excellent turnover on limited hours and with the benefit of an independent 2 bedroom apartment above, ideal if you wish to live on site but also giving the option to rent out separately, means that this opportunity will have a broad appeal. Please therefore contact us to discuss this in more detail at your earliest convenience.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The current owners have successfully run the business for the past 20+ years having established it as a firm favourite for the many local residents in the area. With a quality product being served and a 5 star food hygiene rating demonstrating the high standards being adhered to, it is easy to understand why it remains a popular choice of takeaways.
The owners choose to operate just an evening service and advise that this generates an average turnover of between £5,000 - £6,000 per week. This does give a new owner the opportunity to open lunchtimes and increase the turnover accordingly. As is they do not offer a home delivery service however this is something that a new owner could offer as a way to further increase turnover.
As well as offering a traditional range of fish and chip options the business is also well known for it’s delicious racks of spare ribs and rotisserie chicken.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
The two storey property is a particular feature of the business having attractive rendered elevations to three sides with frontage onto Out Westgate, Hospital Road and then looking out onto the busy Parkway roundabout. It is also located on a school run route with many parents and their children passing by. This all means that the business is seen by a very large number of people on a daily basis.
Entering the property from the front into the customer service area and you will find that the vendors have ensured that they are Covid secure with screens to the service counter to protect staff and customers and with microphones fitted to ensure that orders can still be clearly heard. The cooking area benefits from a 3 pan range, 2 pan bain marie, EuroGrill chicken rotisserie, hand wash sink, stainless steel shelving and menu board above. This front part of the shop measures c. 6.3 x 3.6m.
Moving through into the middle prep room of 3.5 x 3m with tiled floor and walls, there are stainless steel work benches, sink, microwave, upright fridge/freezer, further upright fridge, freestanding oven and hob and door to an under stairs cupboard. Through further to the potato room, c. 3.6 x 6.1m, again with tiled floor, potato peeler and chipper, double stainless steel sink unit, 2 upright fridges and 3 chest freezers. This is able to be used as a wet room with a wash down gully through the floor to the outside drain.
Externally is a small concrete courtyard with access out onto Hospital Road and with an outside w.c for staff use.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
Downstairs still there is a hallway leading from the private front door from Out Westgate with access into the middle prep room and to the staircase leading up to the first floor apartment. There is also a door off to a reception room which is currently used for dry goods storage. This could remain part of the commercial property as there is an entrance door into the apartment at the top of the staircase or this room and hallway could be incorporated into the apartment and sectioned off from the business.
Once up the stairs and into the apartment there is a hallway leading to all rooms and with built in cupboards for storage. The accommodation is well laid out with there being good size double bedrooms to each side elevation and then a central lounge which overlooks the front of the property out onto Parkway, with the kitchen and bathroom being found to the rear.
Bedroom 1 overlooks Out Westgate and has a closed off fireplace and measures c. 3.6 x 3.2m. Bedroom 2 measures a similar size at 3.4 x 3.2m and this time looks out onto Hospital Road. The lounge is a good size at 5.9 x 4m and with the benefit of 2 windows looking out to the front. The hallway which as a further built in cupboard leads down a couple of steps to the kitchen and bathroom.
The kitchen is 4.2 x 3.6m and has a freestanding sink with cupboard unit under. No other kitchen units or appliances have been fitted as the commercial kitchen downstairs has always been used previously, however the landlord would not object should a new tenant wish to more fully fit out the kitchen. The bathroom though has had a new suite recently fitted with sink, toilet and bath with drench shower and separate hand shower attachment and tiled surrounds.
The apartment benefits from double glazed windows to all rooms, gas central heating via radiators throughout and a lino flooring cover.
4:30pm to 9:00pm Monday Saturday.
Leasehold with a new lease to be agreed. The vendor will be retaining the Freehold and granting a new lease on terms to be agreed. They would be willing to grant upto a 15 year lease but terms are negotiable.
£22,000 per annum is proposed to include the ground floor shop and the 2 bed apartment above.
Purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of/or grant of new lease.
The vendor is currently not required to pay any rates as they enjoy the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The Energy Performance Certificate for the shop shows a ‘C’/69 rating whilst the flat shows an ‘E’/47 rating.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 662 662 to make an appointment.
Finance may be available to suitable purchasers.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on all of the online portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please sign up for free or login in to view more information about this business
If you are already registered with us you can view the full sales particulars of any business immediately
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road