Business for Sale in England DEVELOPMENT SITE FOR 7 HOLIDAY LODGES + EXISTING LET PUB - TIBENHAM, NORFOLK
- For Sale
- Development Sites
- Rent Payable
- No rent is payable in connection with the site however the lease of the pub provides for the tenant to pay the landlord an annual rent of £18,000.
- Business Rates
- Business rates for the pub are the responsibility of the tenant however we understand that no rates are currently payable. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- The let pub includes 2 bedroom accommodation for the tenant.
- Rarely Available Opportunity
- Pub on Site currently Leased
- Consent for 7 Holiday Lodges
- Site of approx. 2.5 Acres/1 Hectare
- Idyllic Lifestyle Business
- Delightful Countryside Site
- Conveniently Located Norfolk Village
- Consent for 2 Detached B&B Rooms
- Ideal Owner Operator Site
- Everything in Place Ready to Go!
EMF are excited to bring to the market a rare opportunity to acquire a delightful countryside plot with planning consent granted for the erection of 7 holiday lodges. An ideal owner operator site in an idyllic location in a quiet yet conveniently situated south Norfolk village and with the added benefit of a pub on site currently providing a rental income.
These types of site are rarely available and given the current high demand in this sector we expect there to be significant interest from eager buyers. We would therefore urge you to contact us as soon as possible should you think that this may be the one for you as it is unlikely to remain available for long.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY
The site measures overall 10,000 sqm and is predominantly flat and laid to grass with clearly defined boundaries marked out by trees and hedgerow on all sides. This gives the site a nice enclosed feeling however beyond the boundaries there are also far reaching countryside views to be enjoyed.
The plans show a design which maximises the use of the space available whilst still ensuring that the accommodation does not feel like it has been squashed in. There is a sense of peace and tranquillity about the site and so it is not hard to visualise the enjoyment that could be had from holidaying here.
The site is an ideal size for an owner operator, not too big to become a burden to manage, but big enough to be viable especially with the income that the pub will provide in addition.
The village of Tibenham is situated in South Norfolk approximately 13 miles south of Norwich and 6 miles north of Diss. It is mostly known for being a former RAF airfield which is now used for gliding and car experience days and brings many people to the area. It is also only a very short distance from the Old Buckenham airfield, Banham Zoo and Snetterton Race Circuit. With the main A11 and A140 link roads also only a short distance away the site is well placed to access all of the attractions that East Anglia has to offer.
Planning permission was granted by South Norfolk District Council on the 4th June 2021 under reference number 2020/0768 for the placing of 7 mobile lodges attached to services for holiday use.
A further application was made and permission granted for the conversion of an outbuilding to form 2 en-suite B&B rooms under reference number 2020/0770. This former barn is situated at the current front entrance across the driveway to the pub and whilst granted for use as 2 B&B rooms we feel that it could also be suited as a single self-contained unit, subject to the appropriate consents being granted.
A copy of the decision notices and conditions attached thereto together with the accompanying plans and reports can be found on the South Norfolk District Council planning portal or can be provided by ourselves upon request. The vendor has also enquired about bringing the required utilities to the site and again full details can be provided upon request.
The council has issued a formal Site Licence under the Caravan Sites & Control of Development Act 1960 S.3 dated the 10th September 2021.
The planning provides for a new access road to be provided which will give far better access onto the site and will also mean the current entrance can be shut and an enclosed courtyard created for the pub potentially giving a very nice external eating and drinking area. It also provides for a new pub garden and a good size feature pond around which 3 of the lodges will sit, all enhancing the site as a whole.
The freehold of the Greyhound pub is included in the sale however it is currently let on a 10 year lease from the 11th December 2019 at an initial rent of £18,000 p.a. We understand that there is a mutual break clause in December 2022, 2025 and 2028 as well as rent reviews to tie in with these dates.
The pub does not at present offer a food service however in our opinion it is an area that could be capitalised on by whoever is operating the pub. Whilst internally the pub could benefit from some alterations and updating it could be made very welcoming and easily become a destination venue as well as serving the needs of the local village, and of course the holiday guests staying on site.
There is scope to extend the pub or infill certain areas to make more usable space and with the change in access to the site there is the opportunity to create some nice external areas for dining and drinking, especially with the surrounding countryside views. As well as the commercial space downstairs the pub does also have owners accommodation on the first floor consisting of 2 double bedrooms, a large bathroom and a good size lounge.
Copies of the Lease and EPC for the pub are available upon request.
The vendor is experienced in developing sites of this nature and has noted to us that they would be willing to provide such assistance, advice, introductions and similar as they are able to do for any buyer who would like to benefit from this.
They are only reluctantly selling the site due to an unfortunate change in their personal circumstances but would very much like to see a new owner make a success of the site.
N/A - The pub though is operated on hours as determined by the current tenant.
Freehold subject to the existing lease of the pub.
No rent is payable in connection with the site however the lease of the pub provides for the tenant to pay the landlord an annual rent of £18,000.
Business rates for the pub are the responsibility of the tenant however we understand that no rates are currently payable.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The Energy Performance Certificate for the pub shows a rating of ‘C’ / 75.
For the whole freehold site subject to the existing lease of the pub.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 662 662 to make an appointment.
Finance may be available to suitable purchasers.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on all of the online portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road