Business for Sale in Dereham, Norfolk MOT GARAGE, SERVICING & REPAIRS - DEREHAM, NORFOLK
- For Sale
- Mot Garages
- Rent Payable
- £20,400 per annum. The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of/or the grant of a new lease.
- Business Rates
- Nil - We are advised that the business benefits from Small Business Rate Relief. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- Long Established
- Good Size Unit & Yard
- Strong Consistent Turnover & Profit Levels
- Lots of Parking
- Enclosed Secure Site
- Great Reputation
- Ideally Situated in Prominent Position
- New Lease to be Granted
- Good Range of Equipment Included
- Contact Us to View
We are pleased to bring to the market this excellent opportunity to acquire this long established and well regarded MOT garage situated in a prominent position, in the Norfolk town of Dereham.
A solid business offering the chance for someone to come in and continue in the success presently enjoyed but with scope to further develop the current offering if so wished.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The business in different guises has been trading for many years and enjoys a well earned good reputation. The current owner took over the garage in 2014 having previously worked for the the previous owner for 10 years prior to that.
The business accounts show a fairly consistent level of turnover in the region of £200k p.a and a healthy profit margin to go with it, making this a very good proposition at the asking price when taking into account the range of equipment included in the sale.
There are are various services provided in addition to carrying out MOT’s, from interim to full car services, air-conditioning, diagnostics, tyres and brakes. And don’t let the name fool you as they carry out work on all makes and models, not just French cars.
We understand that the vendor may be willing to stay on in some capacity and assist with the MOT testing and remain as an Authorised Examiner should this be of help to a new owner particularly in the early months.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
One of the draws of the business is that it occupies a good sized site in a prominent location giving it an advantage over others and also offering the opportunity to look at other possible income streams.
The secure, fully enclosed site provides extensive hard standing for numerous vehicles and could be used for a variety of purposes. The building is of brick construction with a modern corrugated metal roof over the 3 vehicle bays and along side this is a further double length garage/store.
Through the main door leading into the reception with welcome desk and a separate customer waiting room to the front. Behind the reception is an office of a decent size accommodating 2 desks and the usual office equipment. To the other side of the reception desk is a lobby area with some storage for stock. Through then to a small inner hallway with kitchen and staff toilet there off.
Into the open plan 3 bay workshop you will find twin 2 post ramps with 1 lane testing MOT ramp with shaking plates. There is a tyre machine approximately 2 years old, 2 air-conditioning servicing machines, a wheel balancer, battery charger, a Sun brake roller machine and a Sun gas analyser. We understand that there is also Snap On Diagnostics equipment, various hand tools (other than those which are personal possessions) and 1 compressor unit found in the adjoining garage.
Please note that the car wash equipment is not included in the sale of the business.
8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Closed Saturday & Sunday.
Leasehold. The current lease has 1yr left to run however we have spoken with the landlord and they have indicated that they would be willing to grant a new lease to an acceptable proposed tenant.
£20,400 per annum.
Purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of/or grant of new lease.
Nil - We are advised that the business benefits from Small Business Rate Relief.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The Energy Performance Certificate shows a score of 123 and an ‘E’ Rating. Full Energy Performance Certificate available on request.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 662 662 to make an appointment.
Finance may be available to suitable purchasers.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on all of the online portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road