Business for Sale in Holt, Norfolk CAFE WITH INDEPENDENT APARTMENT - HOLT, NORTH NORFOLK
- For Sale
- Rent Payable
- £21,500 per annum with 3 yearly reviews. The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of/or the grant of a new lease.
- Business Rates
- £1,974.10 for the 21/22 year. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- Please see further down for details.
- Very Well Presented Throughout
- 2 Bedroom Independent Apartment
- Excellent Longstanding Reputation
- Licensed Premises
- 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating
- Much Sought After & Affluent Location
- Strong Consistent Trading Figures
- Good Tourist & Local Trade
- Branded Coffee Blend & Takeaway Cups
- Viewing Highly Advised
If you are searching for that perfect opportunity to take on a very well regarded and profitable cafe in a much sought after and highly desirable location then look no more as this is the one for you. Add to that an excellent independent apartment ideal either as owners accommodation or to be let out on a short or long term basis and you have all the boxes ticked!
We are therefore understandably delighted to be appointed to bring this business and property to the market and would urge anyone that is interested to contact us at your earliest convenience to arrange a viewing, as we suspect that it will not remain available for long.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The vendors have successfully run the business for the past years building considerably on the previous offering and are only now looking to sell due to their pending retirement. The trading performance of the business is very strong and consistent with high levels of profit being enjoyed which can be clearly seen upon inspection of the accounts.
Operating as a traditional daytime cafe only there is clear scope to extend the opening into the evening with the benefit of being licensed and with limited alternative options available locally. We also understand that there are plans for the area to the front of the property to be pedestrianised meaning further outside seating is likely to be permitted.
Due to the busy tourist trade that the town benefits from and with the well established name that the business has the vendors have added a range of branded products available to purchase including their own blended coffee and takeaway drink cups. This could easily be further expanded upon should a new owner so wish.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
Over the period of their ownership they have refurbished and modernised extensively and the property is now finished to a very high standard with quality fittings and tasteful décor throughout.
The ground floor cafe is very bright and well lit with the benefit of being double fronted and at present provides for 38 covers. The decoration and fittings seem to blend perfectly between being traditional yet modern and give a warm but stylish feel to the interior.
The service counter with a double refrigerated display unit shows off a vast range of delicious homemade savouries, pastries and cakes, all of which are impossible to resist! Behind the counter is an Expobar coffee machine and bean grinder, urn, drinks fridge, a hand wash sink and a range of cupboards and shelves.
A door through leads to the compact but very usable kitchen well fitted out with a fryer, griddle plate, warming cupboard, 4-ring gas hob and oven and with a good extraction unit over. There are 3 microwaves, further oven, panini toaster, Polar tall stainless steel fridge, dishwasher, double sink and drainer, hand wash sink, 2 under-counter freezers, 1 further tall fridge, Hobart mixer, stainless streel work benches and a selection of shelving and storage areas.
Up the stairs to the rear there is a large landing area/room which is used for additional storage and prep. This contains 3 x upright freezers and 1 fridge. Across the hallway, which is shared with the apartment, is a further dry storage room used by the business with a chest freezer, upright freezer and ½ table top freezer as well as 2 upright fridges. There is a range of racking providing useful storage. Both rooms are lockable so that they can only be accessed by the business.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
The apartment enjoys it’s own independent ground floor entrance leading up stairs to the communal hallway, at the end of which is the front door into it. Inside the first thing which strikes you is how well presented and welcoming it is. There are quality carpets throughout and traditional timber and latch doors with modern electric panel heaters.
The central hallway has very good sized double bedrooms either side, each with space for a wardrobe and one with a further built in cupboard and the other with space for bunk beds as well. The lounge can be found at the end of the hall and benefits from exposed beams and a modern fireplace. Steps down lead to the well fitted kitchen/breakfast room with built in electric oven and hob and space for an under-counter fridge and washing machine. The bathroom is similarly well finished with fully tiled walls, bath with electric shower over, sink with vanity cupboard under and chrome heated towel rail.
The apartment is a very beneficial inclusion with this opportunity and can easily be used as owners accommodation but equally would also be ideal for either short term holiday lets or a longer AST tenancy with either option bringing considerable additional revenue into the business.
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Saturday & 10:00am to 4:00pm on Sunday.
Leasehold. The existing lease is for 21 years from 31/08/06 and so expires in 2027.
£21,500 per annum with 3 yearly reviews.
Purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of/or grant of new lease.
£1,974.10 for the 21/22 year.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The EPC for the property shows a score of 83 and a ‘D’ rating.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 662 662 to make an appointment.
Finance may be available to suitable purchasers.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on all of the online portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road