Business for Sale in Hadleigh, Suffolk BUSY NEWSAGENTS AND STORE – HADLEIGH, SUFFOLK
- Under Offer
- Convenience Stores
- Weekly Sales
- £14,000.00 Exc. VAT
- Rent Payable
- £20,000 per annum. The purchaser will be responsible for the landlord's costs and fees in connection with the grant of a new lease.
- Business Rates
- A new Business Rates account will need to be set up specifically for this business. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- Very Long Established & Well Known
- Popular Sought After Town
- Private Parking to Rear
- Scope to Increase Convenience Offering
- Strong Turnover & Profit Figures
- Prime Centre of High Street Location
- New Lease to be Granted
- First Floor Storage/Offices Included
- Possible Option to Acquire Freehold
- Call EMF to Arrange Viewing
This is a business for sale as a going concern, not an empty premises for sale or let.
EMF are pleased to be appointed to market this very well known and popular newsagents in the centre of the sought after town of Hadleigh in Suffolk. A mainstay of the local community for over half a century having been in the same family’s name since then, it is now only being made available for a new owner due to the sellers pending retirement.
Given the location, long established presence and strong financial figures, it is likely that this business will have a broad appeal and there will be keen interest in it. If you feel that this may be the one for you then do get in touch at your earliest opportunity.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The business is situated prominently in the centre of the busy high street with constant footfall going past daily. The layout of the high street, local parking, surrounding footpaths and other businesses means that it is hard to avoid going past the shop, whatever your intended visit is for. This makes it ideally placed to pick up passing trade and to further capitalise on the position it enjoys. There is also the potential to increase the range of offerings to draw new customers in.
Currently turnover is split between newspapers and retail sales with average weekly takings in the region of £14,000. We would expect that a new owner would look at what new lines could be added to further boost the already impressive turnover. The business accounts suggest that a very healthy profit margin is enjoyed which will no doubt further appeal to potential buyers.
A delivery service is provided for the newspapers and the vans undertaking this will be included in the price. There may be an option for a new owner to reduce down the number of deliveries if so required and this can be discussed further with interested parties.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
As already mentioned the premises are situated in a prime location in a characterful building offering a good retail layout of approximately 840 sqft spread over an open plan ‘L’ shaped area and with good lighting and a sense of space.
As you enter in the service counter, with 2 x EPOS till points, can be found to your right with the usual expected displays behind. In the front part of the premises there is a central display unit with further display shelving to the surrounding walls. A selection of stationary, confectionery, cold drinks, children’s toys, newspapers and magazines are stocked whilst in the upper retail area there is an extensive range of greeting cards and accessories.
The lower level is carpeted whilst the upper has wood effect laminate flooring under a suspended ceiling and with both areas being covered by CCTV. Behind the service counter there is in addition a long cupboard useful for everyday storage.
Moving through the private hallway into a communal hallway giving access to the shared staff areas you will then also find a useful ground floor storage cupboard for the shops exclusive use and then stairs up to the first floor which will also be included in the lease. Upstairs there are 5 additional good size rooms currently used for storage but which could also potentially be used for others purposes such as a managers office. There is a significant amount of additional space here which could be put to good use.
Finally outside to the rear there is intended to be 5 parking spaces included for the use of the shop to provide parking for the delivery vans and manager.
4:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Saturday. 4:30am to 12:00pm Sunday.
Leasehold. A new lease will be granted on terms to be agreed between the parties. The owner may consider selling the freehold interest in the building as a whole to include the rear part which is current let to a printing business.
£20,000 per annum.
The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the grant of a new lease.
A new Business Rates account will need to be set up specifically for this business.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The Energy Performance Certificate shows a ‘D’ rating and a score of 85.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 662 662 to make an appointment.
Finance may be available to suitable purchasers.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on all of the online portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road