Business for Sale in St. Ives, Cambridgeshire FISH & CHIP SHOP – ST. IVES, CAMBRIDGESHIRE (PE27)
- For Sale
- Fish & Chip Shops
- Weekly Sales
- £6,500.00 Exc. VAT
- Rent Payable
- £17,500 per annum plus Service Charge currently £235. The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of the existing lease or the grant of a new lease.
- Business Rates
- Nil - We are advised that the business currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- 2 bedroom duplex apartment above the shop.
- 1st Class Condition – Very Well Presented
- New Digital Ranges
- Excellent Location – Lots of Chimney Pots
- Private Parking and Garage to Rear
- Lots of Public Parking to Front
- All Equipment Replaced in 2022
- 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating – Very Clean
- 2 Bedroom Duplex Flat Above
- Really Good Space & Working Area
- Parade of Shops Including Spar & Post Office
This is a business for sale as a going concern, not an empty premises for sale or let.
Coming new to the market is this busy and popular fish and chip shop, situated in a busy parade of shops and surrounded by chimney pots. Presented in an excellent condition with all new equipment installed in 2022, including a high-spec 4-pan digital range; meaning a buyer should have little, if no capital outlay to spend on the business in the short-term.
With the added benefit of a 2 bedroom duplex apartment above and private parking with 2 garages to the rear, this thriving business really does tick all the boxes if you are looking to take on a fish and chip shop.
Given all that is on offer, we expect there to be strong interest in this one and would recommend you book in a viewing at your earliest convenience.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
Having been acquired by the current owner approximately 3 years ago, and having had significant investment spent on it since then, it is now only coming to market due to a change in family circumstances meaning the owners now have to relocate.
Located in a residential area in a parade of shops, with a good mix of business types including Spar and the Post Office means that there are always many potential customers passing by; particularly as there is free public parking to the front.
Takings for the 9 months to the end of December show an average weekly turnover in excess of £6,500 net, to include sales from shop customers and online via Just Eat, Deliveroo, Food Hub and Uber Eats.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
As stated; the premises have recently been fitted out at great expense to a very high standard, with all new equipment installed only last year. Together with the well laid out design and spacious areas for service and preparation, all gives a very pleasant work environment which is easy and cost effective to maintain.
The glazed frontage benefits from stylish signage with a digital menu screen and this continues through as you enter into the shop, as you will see from the pictures. There is quality floor tiling, clean walls and feature coloured lighting; all adding to the upmarket and clean feel. The new 4-pan digital range divides the customer area from the staff area with a service counter to the side and EPOS till. To the rear of this main room you will find a stainless-steel fitted cooking area with extraction over, providing a chicken roisterer, kebab spit, griddle plate and bain-maire, together with under-counter fridges and a drinks display fridge, all with further digital menu screens above.
There is an open doorway through to the prep. rooms with the front part providing a 6-ring hob with extraction over, microwaves, stainless-steel work surfaces and tall stainless-steel fridge and freezer. To the side are built in storage cupboards as well as an office and staff toilets. To the rear is a wet room for chip prep. including a peeler, chipper, double sink and door to the rear parking area.
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
Via a separate external staircase to the side you will find the residential accommodation above the shop, this being situated at the end of the terrace. At entrance level there is a fitted kitchen/breakfast room with space for a washing machine, fridge freezer and dishwasher, together with a good-size lounge overlooking the front and with space for a dining table as well. There is also a useful under-stairs cupboard and cloakroom on this level. Upstairs there are 2 double bedrooms, plus bathroom and we understand there is also access to a large loft. The property benefits from double glazing and gas central heating, as well as parking to the rear and 2 garages.
11:30am to 2:00pm Monday to Saturday. 4:30pm to 9:00pm Monday to Sunday.
Leasehold – 10 years from 17/3/2019.
£17,500 per annum plus Service Charge currently £235.
The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of the existing lease or the grant of a new lease.
Nil - We are advised that the business currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The Energy Performance Certificate shows a ‘C’ rating and a score of 63.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call us to make an appointment.
We may be able to help you with business financing or your commercial mortgage needs, subject to eligibility. Please let us know if you need our assistance with this and we will put you in touch with our recommended whole of market broker.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Thinking of selling your business? That's our business!
If you are interested in finding out how much your business is worth, we offer a free and confidential valuation service. You can choose the time and day that suits you best, and we will give you an honest and professional assessment. Please contact our office at your convenience to book an appointment.
We are passionate about showcasing our businesses in a way that sets us apart from others. We provide quality property details and comprehensive information on all online platforms and our own website. If you want your business to stand out from the crowd, call us to book a free valuation.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road