Buying a Business
Buying a Business
It is an exciting time when you are looking to buy a business and planning your future lifestyle. It might be a first-time business venture, perhaps expansion into another business opportunity.
Take advantage of our powerful search tools when you register with us for free.
Your local office will guide you through the maze, with viewings of businesses for sale that match your criteria, arranged to suit both parties.
Our contact with business finance specialists can also help with business funding, also their experienced business insurance team provide advice and low-cost premiums.
We support you from first enquiry to completion of your purchase.
Business Buying Guide
Exposed – top tips to buying a business. Whether you are a first-time buyer or an experienced business owner, buying a business is exciting. Let us share the journey with you.
There is the thrill of the future lifestyle, a business change or expansion to the next level. For a first-time buyer, lacking experience, this is a guide through the procedure. It explains important sections each with checklists and advice.
Even experienced buyers recognise the value of our business buyer’s guide.
Download our FREE
Frequently Asked Questions when buying a Business.
- To work for myself
- To earn a living
- To create an investment for the future
- To supplement other income
- A business that is realistically affordable
- Will maintain my interest over time and in line with my capabilities
- A business that will supply sufficient income
Enough capital for the following:
- To buy either a leasehold or freehold premises
- To buy the going concern and stock
- To cover all professional costs incurred including solicitors, accountants and survey/valuation costs
- Sufficient working capital, enough money to live on, cover my initial overheads and replace stock
There are several fund generating options:
- Release equity in family home
- Obtaining a loan via bank, building society or finance house
This will be dependent upon:
- Financial position
- Nature of the business
- Personal preferences
- Make an appointment through the agent
- Prepare in advance a list of key questions you would like answered
- Be discreet – the vendors may not want their staff or customers to be aware of the sale of the business
- Take notes - summarise your general impressions and feelings of your visit
- Communicate your conclusions to your agent, even if they are negative. It will enable them to obtain a clearer picture of your requirements
- Make a formal offer through the business agent
- Retain a reputable firm of commercial solicitors to assess the legal implications
- Agree with the vendor if you need a professional stock take and undertake that you will share the cost of this service on completion
Do not hesitate to contact the EMF Group, we are able to offer: A service and reputation that is second to none, having been established over 55 years, with offices throughout England and Wales, having highly knowledgeable and competent personnel, giving totally independent and confidential advice.
Finding Business Finance - Call Us on 01404 813952
In today’s economic climate it is important that you take advantage of the experience of a business finance specialist. EMF are able to arrange business funding packages via brokers, whether it’s for new purchases, or refinancing all types of businesses and commercial property.
Successfully obtaining business funding or refinancing for a purchase requires skill, knowledge and experience. Finance specialists have the knowledge and connections within the lending institutions and a thorough understanding of the lender's borrowing criteria. Lenders need a well thought out and fully documented business funding proposal which the business finance team will help you achieve.
Every business funding proposition is unique. A successful business finance package needs a blending of security, sector experience and ability to service the borrowing. It may also need some lateral thinking to make a deal succeed where others may fail.
So, we recommend that you take the opportunity of discussing your proposal with us at an early stage and we can then indicate the likely business finance available.
Let's talk today call us on 01404 813952 or contact your local office here.