Business for Sale in Norwich, Norfolk (Also Relocatable) ONLINE ADULT TOY STORE (JOHN THOMAS TOYS) – NORWICH BASED, NORFOLK
- Leasehold, Relocatable - Nationally
- For Sale
- Online Retailers
- Annual Sales
- £1,300,000.00 Exc. VAT
- Rent Payable
- £11,826 per annum for one unit and £16,000 for the second unit (if taking on the leasehold premises). The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of the lease.
- Business Rates
- Nil - We are advised that the business currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief. This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
- Highly Successful & Profitable
- 53,000 Twitter Followers
- High Grade Platinum Silicone Products
- Toys Imported from 3rd Party
- Serious Proceed-able Enquiries Only
- Huge Potential to Expand into Wholesale
- 120 Influencers – Some 4.5m + Followers
- Own Unique Designs
- Currently Only Online Retail Sales
- Contact Us for Further Details
Given the nature and value of the business, only serious proceed-able interest is sought. In order to release further detailed financial information on the business, we will require a short online non-disclosure agreement to be completed and returned.
This is a business for sale as a going concern, not an empty premises for sale or let.
John Thomas Toys is a leading online retailer of bespoke adult toys, which currently operates from Norwich in Norfolk. The company sources and manufactures its products overseas and sells them directly to the end user through their website located at www.johnthomastoys.co.uk.
The company has a huge potential to grow its market share and revenue by expanding into the wholesale sector, where it can offer its unique and innovative products to other retailers and distributors. The company also has opportunities to diversify its product range and explore new niches in the adult toy industry.
THE BUSINESS ITSELF
The business has rapidly expanded since its conception 3 years ago and now currently enjoys a turnover in excess of £1.3m, with a net profit margin in the region of 20%. With a clear opportunity to sell to the wholesale market as well as to retail customers these figures could be increased considerably by a new owner.
The designs of the products sold are owned by the business and are produced and supplied directly from the manufacturer. Only the highest quality platinum silicone is used and this together with the unique and crazy designs are what the business is known and loved for by their many customers.
With a large number of well known influencers recommending their products to their millions of followers it is easy to see how the business has grown so swiftly and the continued maintenance of these relationships would lead one to expect that turnover would remain growing at a similar rate.
In the words of the company:
“Our company ethos is and has always been unchanging:
Be a leader in the industry by not diversifying...do one thing and do it well.
Be innovative, use imagination, passion within and think outside the box.
Take responsibility, be accountable, evolve to change global perceptions.
Produce the highest quality products possible using quality materials.
Give our customers exceptionally high levels of service and care.”
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
The business operates from two discrete industrial units in Norwich and whilst an assignment of the lease of the premises would be available the vendor would be willing to retain this should a buyer wish to relocate the business.
10:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Leasehold or Relocatable - We understand that the vendor would be willing to consider retaining the premises should a buyer wish to relocate the business.
£11,826 per annum for one unit and £16,000 for the second unit (if taking on the leasehold premises).
The purchaser will be responsible for the landlords costs and fees in connection with the assignment of the lease.
Nil - We are advised that the business currently enjoys the benefit of Small Business Rate Relief.
This information has been provided to us by the vendor and any interested party is advised to enquire of the local authority to check the position with regards to business rates that will apply to a new owner.
The Energy Performance Certificate for the properties show a ‘C’ rating with a score of 65. Energy Performance Certificate available on request.
For the benefit of the goodwill, fixtures, fittings & equipment. Stock payable in addition on completion at valuation. This is a business for sale as a going concern.
Strictly by appointment only, please call us to make an appointment.
We may be able to help you with business financing or your commercial mortgage needs, subject to eligibility. Please let us know if you need our assistance with this and we will put you in touch with our recommended whole of market broker.
BUSINESS TO SELL?
Thinking of selling your business? That's our business!
If you are interested in finding out how much your business is worth, we offer a free and confidential valuation service. You can choose the time and day that suits you best, and we will give you an honest and professional assessment. Please contact our office at your convenience to book an appointment.
We are passionate about showcasing our businesses in a way that sets us apart from others. We provide quality property details and comprehensive information on all online platforms and our own website. If you want your business to stand out from the crowd, call us to book a free valuation.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
Please register with us for free to view the complete business particulars.
Already registered? Just login!
Once registered, you can login to view the full details for all businesses, download details, create business alerts and much more
Existing Customer Login
Get in Touch
Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Your Regional Director Chris Ruggles
EM&F East Anglia
116 - 118 Prince of Wales Road